Sunday 15 October 2017

ONE FROM THE PAST.....MOONGLOW:

ONE FROM THE PAST:
MOONGLOW:
 
The moon shone serenly through the open window.
I gazed in awesome wonder at the view.
In a trance-like state I sit and ponder,
Remembering bygone  years I spent with you.
 
How we used to wonder through the woods,
In the countryside we'd sit and talk.
Then pick some wild flowers to take home.
Laughing all the way as we did walk.
 
Then there were days at the seashore.
Many years before moving there.
We fell asleep on the beach.
Resulting in heat stroke I declare.
 
How long I sat there moon gazing.
Memories came flooding back making me think. 
Just before I closed the curtains,
Once again the "Man In The Moon" gave me a wink.
 
Copyright All Rights Reserved Yvonne Lewis 2011
From the book "Written From The Heart"

12 comments:

  1. A well written piece that I enjoyed reading. The moon can be inspiring! Glad you have your fond memories! Sorry you got heat stroke! I fell asleep on a beach at night time, and woke up the next day with half of my body tanned, just on one side! Needless to say I'd had one to many! Enjoy your Sunday Yvonne. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew loved your tale about your sleeping on the beach.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Amazing how a single thing can bring back such a flood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Alex it is amazing as you say.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodnight Moon- so peaceful. Keep happy memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem about the moon. Reminds me of some of the especially awesome ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia, yes we do get some lovely moons.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. The Moon surface may not be as desirable as folklore has made it out to be. But the moon from a distance is so beautiful. We just remember that image perhaps!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely sight Hank, thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete