Friday 22 September 2017

THE WEEK-END ALMOST HERE:

THE WEEKEND ALMOST HERE:
Just like this groovy cat,
I'm looking forward to the week-end.
Weather permitting I'll be out,
Having some money to spend.

I love to go to the market,
One gets to meet people there.
Just for a few hours looking around,
Out of the window fly all one's cares.

Relaxation is another key point,
As the week-end progresses.
Listening to music of one's choice.
My favourite? I'll give you three guesses.

Hopefully all my chores will be complete,
Some reading will also take place.
Also I love to watch "X Factor" on TV.
That sure puts a smile upon my face.

I hope your week-end is all you hope,
Long standing plans go well.
That come Sunday evening with a smile on your face,
Say "Yes! This Week-end's Been Swell"

Yvonne Lewis 22/09/2017: 

14 comments:

  1. A pleasant poem full of promises! I hope you enjoy all you've got planned. I hope the weather is good for you. I watch the X-Factor, it's a good show. Good rhymes. I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, will think of you when X Factor is on this week-end.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your weekend! I think I only need one guess on the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder who you were thinking of Alex? Thanks.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend, Yvonne. Hope all goes according to your plans. I'll read and write and maybe do some cleaning. Church on Sunday and watch baseball games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your cleaning and reading, say a prayer for me at church.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I plan on a swell weekend- mixture of fun, food, and some chores. Enjoy your time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy your weekend. A trip to the market sounds good, especially if the weather is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, weather has been sunny but chilly.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy like a cat where we all are at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the well wishes and this delightful poem. May the days ahead be all you expect and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin, thank you as always for your kind words.

      Yvonne.

      Delete