Wednesday 20 September 2017

ALL I EVER WANTED:

Dedicated to my three kids
ROB, JOHN, DONNA:
 
ALL I EVER WANTED:
Ever since I could remember,
All I wanted was to be a good daughter and wife.
Well I think I established that,
Now that mother and husband is no longer in my life.
 
It was at this time of year that husband went away.
A sad time I know that you will agree.
But eventually I made a new life for myself,
Being as happy as I could could possibly be.
 
When I became a mother,
To my children three.
I vowed silently as I held them,
My love unconditionly.
 
Throughout their lives I've maintained that love,
Whatever problems arose.
From the very top of their heads,
To the tip of their toes.
 
All I ever wanted,
Since their dad is no longer be.
Is that they in their hearts,
Would be proud of me.
 
Proud of my achievements
That have occurred in my life.
Having four books published,
Not all this tears and strife.
 
Is it so very wrong
To want my children's pride?
Their attitude these past years,
My life has been a bumpy ride.
 
I WILL pick up the pieces,
That I'm very sure.
But after saying that.
I need their love even more.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 20/9/2017

18 comments:

  1. Hopefully all the pieces shall come together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope so too Pat.
    Thanks for coming by.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep hanging in and making your life a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings. I enjoyed reading. Did your partner leave or pass? We love our children unconditionally, and try and give them the best that we can offer! A well written piece. Well done.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, The year was 1998, our first grandchild was born on July 4th. On the 14th, my mother passed away. then three days later husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour.....sadly he passed away on 11th Sept. that year.
      Thanks for your kind words.

      Yvonne:

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry for your losses. Bless you. You are a nice person, and I wish you well for the future!

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Andrew for your lovely words. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your achievements. Lovely poem. May you see all your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your ccongratulations also kind words Martin.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Hi human, Yvonne,

    Words from your tender, caring heart. I hope that life does get so much better for you. Your children need to understand the love you wish them to embrace.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny 🐶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny for your comment, regards to Gary.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. It will come sooner than later. Good thoughts have a way of making it happen, Yvonne! Just stay cool for the moment!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier said than done Hank as It's been years not months and loneliness is not a good thing.

      Yvonne.

      Delete