Monday 21 August 2017

LETTING GO:

LETTING GO:
Over the past few days,
Much reflecting I have done.
Thinking how much I have missed,
Thinking how much fun.

It's regarding my family,
Who no longer require their mum.
My health have been suffering,
I need healthier days to come.

I have tried every way possible,
To have them back in my life.
But no matter what I do or say,
It causes me tears and strife.

My eldest son even had "Major Surgery",
Some time ago without telling me.
Of course should he need anything,
I'll be there for him you see.

But I am "Letting Go",
I too have a life to live.
I need the "Old Me" back,
I've so much more to give.

My door will always be open
Should they care to call.
But I need to hold my head up high,
"Shoulders Back" and walk tall.

"Letting Go" won't be easy,
No longer will I wait for the phone.
Life for me has been intorerable,
Having no one to call my own.

I gave them a good start in life,
My unconditional love still in tact.
But there is only so much one can endure,
Believe me that's a fact.

Yvonne Lewis 21/08/2017

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes one does have to see what happens when they let go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find someone to share your friendship and love with: a child in need, an elderly person that's alone. Someone that can give back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being Epiletic I have to be careful where children are concerned, as for the elderly person alone.......well that's me, lol.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. And then it will be a nice surpise when they call. I bet they will at some time. Carry on and have good times for yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not holding my breath Joanne, I haven't seen my eldest son since 2009 and my daughter 2012. Thanks for coming by, much appreciated,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you have to make that decision. Live your life for yourself and maybe your children will come to their good senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry also Susan but it's making me so unwell. I have to think of myself for a change. My family always came first all these years.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Keep your head up, Yvonne! Sending hugs and happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Chrys, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a plan to me. We know we don't like this present life. The doors are always open. May I wish you my best. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm doing the right thing Martin and thanks for your good wishes.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. It does seem like it's time you consider your own self and health. You've done what you could, the rest is up to them. May God hold you close in his loving arms and bring you peace in knowing you've done what you could. We don't know the future, but I pray yours is a good one. Smile, hold your head high. You are a precious lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting to the point Beverly where the situation is making me ill. At my age I can do without that. Many thanks for a most wonderful comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete