Thursday 17 August 2017

AN EARLY AUTUMN?

AN EARLY AUTUMN?
The rain poured heavily
Throughout the night.
Today I noticed leaves on the ground.
Does this surely mean Autumn is in sight?

What happened to my dreams of summer?
Where have they gone indeed
As I stood and winessed the rain
Feeding the flowers....also weeds.

I had such high hopes for the summer,
Perhaps I sat around too long.
I listened to the dawn chorus,
As they greeted another day with a song.

A stray cat came into sight,
Not bothered by the rain.
Found something to eat I presume
As it wondered on  it's way again.

Have you realised your dreams of summer?
Or like mine let them slip pass.
Each day is for living.....I must remember,
And each one better than the last.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 17/08/2017:,

.

12 comments:

  1. Alas summer is slowly packing its bags, forced on by early autumn. Wonderful read indeed. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blogoratti for your visit and comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I can use autumn right now, get rid of this heat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer has passed by so fast, I can't believe it. School started this week. And the leaves are falling off the trees. Our pasture has lovely white flowers called rain lilies in bloom because of the rain we had last night. The cooler weather of autumn will be most welcome. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beverly how quick the summer has come now almost gone.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I have stuffed a lot into my summer. I am ready for cool weather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the summer is nearly over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alas my summers will never be like those before. To think: I was better than me. Makes me laugh. Makes me enjoy summers. You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With time it is enevitable there are changes, I agree with you Martin.
      Thanks for your visit.

      Yvonne.

      Delete