Wednesday 23 August 2017

A WOMAN'S FACE:

A WOMAN'S FACE:
Helen had a face that launched a thousand ships,
Mine would launch a canoe.
With visible lines here and there,
I don't know what to do.
 
I bought creams advertised on TV.
But to no avail.
What they don't tell you in TV,
That they're promoted by young girls.
 
The mirror is no longer a friend of mine.
That I'll have you know.
For looking into the evil glass,
One more line it shows.
 
The problem is I feel "Young".
Not a bad thing I agree.
But it's the outside that's all wrong,
The part that people see.
 
Perhaps you think me vain.
Perhaps you think me mad.
But I like to think they're laughter lines.
Which at the end of the day is not so bad.
 
*since writing this I have many more"
 
From my book "MOMENTS OF MY LIFE"
Copyright and all rights reserved.
Yvonne Lewis 2014:

13 comments:

  1. Laughter lines are good, Yvonne! Sometimes I look in the mirror and think yikes! Thank goodness for a little make-up to give us some moral support!
    Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you're right Suzanne there's always make up.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Laugh lines are the best. Have a face with character. That's what I aim for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way to look at things I guess Joanne.....but they sort of creep up on you.lol.

      Yvonne

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's kind of disheartening when the face looking at you in the mirror isn't what it used to be. Just avoid the mirror and keep doing things that make you feel young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sherry, I do advoid the mirror to some extent but one has to look in the mirror when doing one's hair.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. You wrote this for many. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin I suppose men have a different outlook.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Ha, ha! I can relate, Yvonne. Tried some of those cosmetics that are supposed to take away the wrinkles. I think they just make them show up more. I just say I earned ever wrinkle. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! I can relate, Yvonne. Tried some of those cosmetics that are supposed to take away the wrinkles. I think they just make them show up more. I just say I earned ever wrinkle. So there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of it in that way Beverly. Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Wrinkles can be equated to wisdom and one can never go wrong. The more the wiser!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that Hank. Cheered mw no end.

      Yvonne.

      Delete