Tuesday 20 June 2017

DAYTIME TELEVISION AND COMMERCIAL BREAKS:

DAYTIME TELEVISION AND COMMERCIAL BREAKS:
I wrote the below poem after enduring day time
television and their commercial breaks:
.

I decided to opt for daytime television
Whilst resting my swollen foot.
The programmes were excellent,
But the commercail breaks I'll give the boot.

Five different finance companies
Were promoting their "Funeral Costs"
Each commercial break was the same,
For words I was totally lost.

Another commercial was
If in doubt your doctor you must see,
It goes without saying one would do that
If one thought they had "The Big C".

The third commercial which was often shown
Was about this lady and gentleman,
"Demential" is what they both had,
Would you believe it? well I did and can.

All commercials are aimed at my age group,
Not what I like to see.
Every fifteen minutes the same
Commercials appeared on my TV.

I will now switch my TV on,
After six pm if need be.
Then they advertise travel, and beauty preperations,
With total agreement from me.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 20/06/2017

12 comments:

  1. haha yeah, they sure do repeat the same stuff. Even worse when it is all doom and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I don't watch the networks often. Too many commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny and too true. I never watch daytime tv, but if I visit my dad he will have it on at times. Commercials are horrible and depressing. Yokes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh.
    I seldom see commercials I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy watching some of the animal one they have on.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. There was a good side to all those commercials. This poem. (hee-hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What good side? and I'm not laughing.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. While they go for our attention appearing to sympathize, we would rather not want to be unnecessarily reminded many times and every time. Yes, Yvonne we adjust to counter them.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete